We’ve all been there before. Only a few minutes left to print out that important client proposal and… BAM, printer doesn’t work. So Frustrating!
Well we are happy to inform you that there multiple solutions to help solve this issue:
- Hire a IT company like ours to help
- Buy a new printer
- Keep smacking the side of the machine enough times to see if it improves
We know option 3 sounds the best, but remember option 3 will probably lead to either option 1 or 2 eventually. So what do you do when you have a printer that is acting up? With a little DIY information, you may be able to fix the problem yourself. Here are some tips to try:
- Take a look at the printer’s manual. Sometimes the answer to your printer problem is sitting right there in that tiny little book.
- Visit the manufacturer’s support website. Sometimes another person is experiencing the same problem and asked how to solve it on the company’s support forums. The same solution could help solve your problem.
- Search other online sources to see if you can find a solution there. There are a ton of technical online communities and blogs that have the solution you could be looking. All you have to do is search.
- Check for power (I know, but you would be surprised at how many times this ends up fixing the issue), restart the printer, and check to make sure all printer connections are connected to the correct source.
If all else fails, than the best thing to do is call a tech expert. He/She should be able to fix your printer problem and properly maintain it to avoid issues for the future. If a new printer is required, than the expert should be able to help you pick the right printer for your office needs.
Questions? Comments? Post them up.